Last Updated: October 20, 2023
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Service.
- In email, text, direct message, and other electronic messages between you and this Service.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you access or download from this Service, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Service.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party Services and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you use our Services.
- When you enter information into any of our applications. It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Service.
- Use of the Service by Organizers and Participants
- Organizer Undertakings with Respect to Personal Data
- Personal Data We Collect
- Organizer’s Use of Personal Data
- Email Tools
- Glue Up’s Use of Personal Data
- Sharing, Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Data
- User Rights to Personal Data
- International Transfers of Personal Data
- Contacting Us
- Requests to Delete Personal Data
Use Of The Service By Organizers And Participants
The Service is used by event organizers, companies and other organizations (“Organizers”) to manage events, manage memberships, conduct e-mail campaigns, manage financial matters and interface with Customer Relationship Manager (“CRM”) systems; and by event participants or members as the case maybe (“Participants”,“Users”, or “Attendees”) to access event information, membership services, purchase tickets and for other purposes within the scope of the Service.
Organizer Undertakings With Respect To Personal Data
Each Organizer represents and warrants that its use of the Service, and the collection and use of any Personal Data collected in connection with the Service, will comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including with respect to privacy, cyber security and data protection).
Personal Data We Collect
Information You Provide To Us
We collect Personal Data from you when you use the Service, including when you register for access to the Service, contact us with inquiries, use our mobile applications, respond to one of our surveys or browse any of our websites. The Personal Data we may collect includes:
- basic information: including name, date of birth, gender, address, personal phone number and email address;
- network identification information: including IP address;
- personal Internet access records: including website browsing records, software usage records and click records;
- information on computer equipment: including hardware model, device MAC address and operating system;
- employment and background information: including current employer, industry, current job title, and professional training background; and
- information specific to you that may be assigned by our partners: including your advertising ID assigned by our partners.
- identification information: including ID card and passport information;
Our mobile applications may or may not include location-based services, including on-site services at events. To provide such location-based services through mobile applications, we collect, use and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your mobile device. If you permit one of our mobile apps to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, we may collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. Using your mobile device settings, you can control the location information you share.
Other Information Collected From Your Use Of The Service
Whenever you interact with the Service, we may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or device, which may include your IP address, device identification information, Cookie information, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access the Service, and the page or feature you requested (“Usage Data”). We may also transfer small files to your browser or device (“Cookies”) that allow us to collect certain information. We also use third-party services to collect usage information to better understand and improve the user experience. Usage information collected using third-party services is stored on the servers of the third-party service providers.
Organizer’s Use Of Personal Data
In conjunction with Organizer’s use of the Service, Organizer may, through its own channels, collect additional information from you including but not limited to your name, email address, phone number, physical address, credit/payment card numbers using their own billing and payment technologies with and expiration dates, credit card security codes and your birthday. All the information collected by Organizer shall be referred to herein as (“Organizer Collected Personal Data”) and should be distinguished from Personal Data collected by Glue Up or EventBank. While Organizer Collected Personal Data is stored by Glue Up or EventBank in conjunction with Organizer’s use of the Service, Glue Up nor EventBank does not access or use Organizer Collected Personal Data, except to the extent necessary to enable you and Organizer to use the various features of the Service. Organizer Collected Personal Data will be subject to the Organizer’s own privacy policies and any applicable laws.
We allow Organizers to use our email tools to contact their consumers for the Organizers’ events, so you may receive emails from our system that originate with such Organizers and that we send on their behalf. If you registered for an event on the Service, your email address is available to that Organizer. However, Organizers may also import email addresses they have from external sources and send communications through the Service to those email addresses, and we will deliver those communications to those email addresses on the Organizer's behalf. You can opt-out of receiving certain types of promotional and marketing emails – but in such case you may not receive the full benefit of the Service. Opting-out can be done under the Subscription function following the instruction. Organizers are responsible for following all applicable laws and regulations around SPAM, and gaining your consent for emails utilizing email tools. Please contact Organizers directly to remove your contact information from any email lists utilized by Email Tools.
Glue Up’s Use Of Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data for purposes including the following:
- to operate and maintain the Service (including for the purposes of fixing malfunctions and testing our security systems);
- to provide you with the features, functions and benefits of the Service;
- to enhance, improve and further develop the Service (including creating new features or functions, refining the user experience, and increasing Service technical performance);
- to provide you with notices related to your use of the Service;
- to provide you with promotional and marketing emails (you can opt-out of receiving certain types of promotional and marketing emails – but in such case you may not receive the full benefit of the Service; opting-out can be done under Settings when you are logged in to your Service account);
- to help personalize the Service experience for you (including remembering your information so you will not have to enter it each time you use the Service);
- to show you ads for our products that we think may interest you;
- for AI features, to improve upon LLM’s that we utilize;
- and for the other purposes referenced in Section 6.
Aggregated Personal Data.
Sharing, Transfer And Disclosure Of Personal Data
Sharing Your Personal Data
We will not share your Personal Data with companies, organizations or individuals other than Glue Up or EventBank and its affiliates, except in the following circumstances:
- Sharing with explicit consent. We will share your Personal Data with other parties with your explicit consent.
- Sharing as required by laws or contractual obligations. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we believe is necessary to comply with any law or court order; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Glue Up and EventBank, our employees, our users, or others.
- Sharing with our affiliates. Your Personal Data may be shared with our affiliates. We will only share necessary Personal Data (for example, in order to facilitate your use of the products or services of our affiliate with your Glue Up or EventBank account, we will share your account information as necessary with such affiliate), and if we intend to share your Sensitive Personal Data, or if the affiliate changes the purpose of using and processing your Personal Data, we will obtain your authorization and consent again. (“Sensitive Personal Data”) includes, without limitation, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, personal biometric information, genetic data, bank account numbers, financial information, transaction information, and personal information of children age 14 and under.
- Sharing with authorized partners. Certain services of ours will be jointly provided together with our authorized partners solely for the purposes stated herein. We may share certain Personal Data of yours with our partners to provide better customer service and user experience. We may also share your Personal Data with our partners so they can provide you with their services. We will only share your Personal Data for lawful, proper, necessary, specific and explicit purpose to the extent required for providing partner services. Our partners have no right to use the shared Personal Data for any other purposes other than providing their products or services to you.
We may anonymize your Personal Data so that you are not individually identified, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use the Service, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we will never disclose aggregate information to any third party in a manner that would identify you personally, as an individual.
Our third-party LLM providers may receive details about your interactions with our AI Features (including the contents of your chats, upvotes, etc.) to provide and generally improve their services, which they may process in their legitimate business interests. Your Services user account information (e.g., username and email) is not shared with any third-party LLMs or developers. Third-party developers that create AI Features using APIs may view and store your chats on their servers in order to train their models.
Keep in mind htat any information you provide to the AI Features will be shared with third-party LLM providers and developers powering the bots, and there is no need to share sensitive personal information with the bots (e.g., credit card information, social security information, etc.).
Except for the purposes described above, we will not transfer your Personal Data to any company, organization or individual, except in the following circumstances:
- we may transfer your Personal Data to other parties with your explicit consent; or
We will disclose your Personal Data to the public only under the following circumstances:
- you have explicitly authorized us to disclose your Personal Data;
- disclosing your Personal Data is in the interest of national security; public health, or another major public interest;
- your Personal Data is relevant to any criminal investigation, prosecution, judgment, or enforcement;
- disclosing your Personal Data is necessary to protect yours or another individual’s life, property or other major lawful right;
- Personal Data is disclosed voluntarily by you to the public;
- Personal Data is collected from public channels, such as news reports or from public government documents.
Pursuant to applicable laws, sharing and transfer of aggregated data which cannot be recovered by the recipient to re-identify individual Personal Data does not constitute sharing, transfer and disclosure of Personal Data, and therefore it may be stored and processed without notice to you and without your consent.
User Rights To Personal Data
The Right To Access And Correct Personal Data
If you are a registered user of the Service, we provide you with tools to access or modify your Personal Data and other profile information.
The Right To Request That Your Personal Information Be Transferred
Subject to the limitations of applicable laws, where processing Personal Data is necessary for entering into or performing our obligations under a contract with you or is processed with your consent, you may request that your Personal Data be transferred to you or another designated party (where technically feasible).
The Right To Change Your Authorization Scope Or Withdraw Your Authorization
To the extent you have authorized us to collect and process your Personal Data, you may withdraw that authorization by deleting information, turning off device functions, or changing privacy settings on our website or in our software. You may also stop using the Service so that we cannot continue collecting your Personal Data. Please note that some parts of the Service may not function properly if you remove our authorization to collect your Personal Data. For any Personal Data that you have authorized the Organizers directly, you should contact the Organizers to withdraw such authorization.
We take various precautions to protect your Personal Data from loss, misappropriation and misuse, and from being accessed, disclosed, modified or destroyed without permission. In order to ensure the safety of your Personal Data, we have established strict information security provisions and procedures to protect your Personal Data.
In the event of any Personal Data security breach, we will, in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws and in all cases within 30 days, notify you of the basic information and possible consequences of such security breach, actions we have taken or will take in response to the breach, suggestions on how you may prevent and reduce risks on your own, and actions we will take on your behalf. We will notify you of the relevant information through email, letter, phone, or push notification, or by publishing an announcement to www.glueup.com/www.glueup.cn/www.glueup.ru. Any such notice will be issued in compliance with all applicable laws.
International Transfers Of Personal Data
The Location Of Your Data
- If you are using the Service through glueup.com, Personal Data collected and generated within the United States of America (“USA”) will be primarily stored at hosting facilities located in the USA.
- If you are using the Service through glueup.cn, Personal Data collected and generated within the People’s Republic of China (“PRC”) will be primarily stored at hosting facilities located in the PRC.
- If you are using the Service through glueup.ru, Personal Data collected and generated within Russia will be primarily stored at hosting facilities located in the Russia.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents may request a notice identifying the categories of Personal Data that we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and be provided with contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: [email protected].
EEA, SWITZERLAND AND UK ONLY
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”): In May 2018, a new data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation became effective. The GDPR requires us to tell you about the legal grounds we are relying on to process any Personal Data about you. The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data in conjunction with the Service will be that: (i) you provided your consent; (ii) the processing is necessary for our contractual relationship; (iii) the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations; or (iv) the processing is in our legitimate interest in providing you with the Service.
- Transfers of Personal Data: Glue Up is a global company; thus, we may need to transfer your Personal Data outside of the country from which it was originally collected. This may be intra-group or to third parties that we work with who may be in jurisdictions outside the EEA, Switzerland and the UK, that have no data protection laws or laws that are less strict than those in the EEA, Switzerland and the UK. Whenever we transfer Personal Data outside of the EEA, Switzerland or the UK, we take all legally required steps to make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data.
Personal Data Retention/Rights: We retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide you with the Service, comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. If you have an account with us, we will typically retain your Personal Data for a period of 90 days after you have requested that your account is closed, or for up to seven years after your account becomes inactive but is not closed.
Data protection laws provide you with rights in respect to Personal Data that we hold about you, including the right to request a copy of the Personal Data, the right to request that we rectify, restrict or delete your Personal Data, and the right to unsubscribe from marketing communications.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact information set out in Section 12.
If you have a complaint about how we handle your Personal Data, please contact us as set forth in Section 12. If you are not happy with how we have attempted to resolve your complaint, you may contact the relevant data protection authority.
Glue Up as a Data Controller and a Data Processor:
EU data protection law distinguishes between organizations that process Personal Data for their own purposes (known as "data controllers") and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations or individuals (known as "data processors"). If you have any questions or complaints about how your Personal Data is handled, these should always be directed to the relevant data controller since they are the ones with primary responsibility for your Personal Data.
Glue Up may act as either a data controller or a data processor with respect to your Personal Data, depending on the circumstances. We will be a data controller of any information you submit to us in order to create a User account or an Organizer account. However, once a User submits Personal Data to an Organizer in conjunction with use of the Services, Glue Up becomes a data processor with respect to the Organizer Collected Personal Data.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 14. If you are under 14, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 14, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 14 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message by email to [email protected] or by mail to:
- If you are using the Service through glueup.com, EventBank Inc., and its address is 1660 International Dr, Unit 600, McLean, VA 22102, USA.
- If you are using the Service through glueup.cn, EventBK (Beijing) Limited, and its address is Room 301, Tower D, Guanghualu SOHO2, No. 9 Guanghua Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China.
- If you are using the Service through glueup.ru, Event BK Rus, and its address is Aviamotornaya Street 8, Moscow, Russia.
Requests To Delete Personal Data And Other Issues
The Right To Delete Your Personal Data
Retention Of Personal Data
Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, Personal Data may be retained by us on backup servers for up to 1 month, subject to and in compliance with applicable laws. For Organizer’s data retention policy, please contact the Organizer directly. We may retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. We determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data on the basis of the amount, nature and sensitivity of your Personal Data processed, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means, as well as on the basis of applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation).
We may also indefinitely retain and use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Data, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.