What is the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP)?
The Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP), also known as Programme Canadien Adoption Numerique (PCAN) in French, is a government initiative designed to help associations in Canada become more competitive by adopting digital technologies. Through CDAP, your association can gain Glue Up's Association Management Software for free or at a deeply discounted price.
What does CDAP cover?
The CDAP program covers costs directly associated with your association's implementation of a digital plan. This includes procuring or updating IT equipment, training staff on new technologies, purchasing materials and support services necessary for technology implementation, and utilizing advisory services.
How to apply for the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP)?
To apply for the CDAP grants, you need to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Registration
Visit the Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s (ISED) website and register your association to begin your journey with CDAP.
Step 2: Building a Digital Plan
Build your digital adoption plan. Glue Up can assist you in creating a comprehensive plan tailored to your association's needs.
Step 3: Plan Approval and Grant Disbursement
Submit your digital plan, along with your invoices, to ISED for approval. Upon approval, a CDAP grant of up to $15,000 will be disbursed to cover the technologies that can propel your business forward.
Step 4: Loan Application with BDC
Once your digital plan gets approved, you can also apply for a 0% interest loan (in addition to the grant) with the association Development Bank of Canada (BDC) through the CDAP portal on the ISED website.
The CDAP Canada program is a great opportunity for your association to enhance its digital capabilities, reduce costs, and provide a better experience to your members.
BDC Loan Amount: Up to $100,000
The BDC loan, part of the CDAP program, offers your association a loan amount of up to $100,000. This means you can invest in digital transformation without worrying about hefty interest rates.
Interest Rate: 0%
The interest rate for the BDC loan is 0%, making it a highly affordable option for associations looking to implement a digital adoption plan.
ISED Grant: Up to $15,000
ISED offers a grant of up to $15,000. This grant is meant to cover the advisory fees associated with creating your digital adoption plan.
Why Glue Up?
Glue Up's Association Management Software has already helped many associations, including the BC Chamber of Commerce, in achieving their digital goals. We encourage you to seize this golden opportunity provided by the Canadian Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) to streamline your operations and enhance your member engagement.
Important points to consider before you apply
- The loan amount you can apply for depends on your association/nonprofit organization size. If your association makes between $500,000 and less than $5 million a year, you can apply for a loan between $25,000 and $50,000. If your association makes $5 million or more a year, you can apply for a loan between $25,000 and $100,000.
- The loan will only be given after you have created a digital adoption plan and it has been approved.
- Besides having an approved plan, you need to pass BDC's own checks for credit worthiness and eligibility to get the 0% interest loan.
- The loan is to be paid back in five years. Also, for the first year, you can choose to only pay back the interest and not the loan amount itself.
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) is in charge of approving the digital adoption plans and providing the grant money.
- The grant will cover 90% of the cost of the service that helps you create your digital adoption plan. However, the maximum amount that can be covered by the grant is $15,000 per association.
- For more info - reach out to William Howe, Sales Director, Canada (William's email: [email protected])